My newest Age of Sigmar novella, “Hammerhal”, is now available from Black Library in the new anthology, Hammerhal & Other Stories. It finds Gardus Steel Soul and his silver-armoured Hallowed Knights at war once more, this time against the sinister machinations of the servants of Tzeentch.
From the blurb:
Dark forces stir within the bowers of the mysterious Hexwood. A great warhost of Tzaangor beastkin, creatures devoted to Tzeentch, the Architect of Fate, defile the once-verdant lands of Ghyran. All that opposes them are the noble Stormcast Eternals of the Hallowed Knights. Reforged in resplendent sigmarite and wielding the lightning of Azyr, few can stand against these heroes. But Tzeentch’s followers are cunning, and as the Hallowed Knights wage bloody war, a second attack on the city of Hammerhal, which the Stormcasts are oath-sword to defend, is coming to pass. Both the warriors without and the hunters within the city must act fast or the truth about the Hexwood will undo everything they have fought so hard to protect.
The anthology also contains stories by David Guymer, David Annandale, Robbie MacNiven, and Matt Westbrook. It’s available from Black Library as a paperback, ebook and audio download.
And for those wondering when and where this novella takes place during the adventures of the Hallowed Knights, I’ve put together a rough chronology below.
- “The Gates of Dawn” from The Realmgate Wars: War Storm
- “War in the Hidden Vale” from The Realmgate Wars: Ghal Maraz
- The Realmgate Wars: Wardens of the Everqueen
- The Realmgate Wars: Mortarch of Night
- “The Resolute” from Legends of the Age of Sigmar
- Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden
- “Hammerhal” from Hammerhal & Other Stories
- “A Dirge of Dust and Steel” from Black Library Events Anthology 2017/18 (forthcoming)
- Hallowed Knights: Black Pyramid (forthcoming)